Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 7-one week and still going!

Today I saw Dr. D, and it was my least favorite session. I know that this is my fault. I am incredibly sad and not loving the opiate tapering.

The cycle of wanting to be free and trying to free yourself resembles being stuck in a dark box with no where to move. All you want is a breath of fresh air.

I did some hypnosis while at the doc. Basically I set up in a restful chair, and get coached into a restful state. I am not quite asleep, and I can remember the things being said to me in that state. A lot of concentration on my goals and dreams for the future. Also hearing that even though I am in pain from withdrawal, I know that the pain means I am closer to my destination of being opiate free. That is such a vague description of what happens during these sessions, but I am not sure yet how to explain it.

I always feel better after a dr visit that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment